That was definitely the high point of my year. I can't begin to describe how amazing it felt to actually do something on my list that I really felt I'd never be able to attempt due to money, time, and obligation restraints. True, my dream didn't last long but I can say that I gave it my best. Dying in the mountains from breathing distress is not how I picture myself leaving this world (Though dying in the mountains is preferable to wasting away in a nursing home. We'll just move that time frame to sometime in the distant future, 'kay?). This year I hope to hit more trails and maybe knock out a section of the AT. Now to decide which section.....
Since my hike-for-six-or-seven-months plan didn't pan out I had the opportunity to travel a bit. I love to travel and see knew places/people/food. While these trips didn't lead to meeting new people, they did give me a chance to visit with good friends from college that I don't get to see nearly enough.
| New Orleans |
| Ville Platte |
| Tampa |
| See mom. Who says internet friends aren't real friends? |
Which leads me to another big change in 2013. After losing my job (with those horrid people) in 2012, my old school in Louisville called and offered me my old teaching position back. So in August I packed up a few of my belongings, my dog and returned to Louisville.
As much as I love country living (I do prefer the quiet and solitude), moving back to Louisville has felt like 'coming home'. I love that I can go to a grocery and easily find tahini paste (and not be told that I'm eating 'Terrorist Food' by the store clerk). I love my neighborhood (though more neighborhood eateries or stores would be make it better).
And last but not least, I love my school. Because something like this:
![]() |
| Reggio Inspired Classroom |
Now to look ahead. For 2014 my goals or resolutions are too:
1) Become stronger and healthier.
![]() |
| 5K Mud Run anyone? |
2) Take at least one trip/vacation to somewhere I have never been.
![]() |
| I really want to use mine this year. |
3) Pick up a craft/hobby again.
![]() |
| Surprisingly I CAN make this. |
4) Write more.
![]() |
| Once a month. Once a month. That is my goal. |
5) Learn something new.
Happy New Year folks!











2013 was a good one...and your internet friend didn't steal your kidney! I look forward to seeing what 2014 brings for you.
ReplyDelete2013 was great, I'm hoping 2014 will be even better!
DeleteI know things didn't go as planned with the hike, but you tried. Most people (and I completely include myself in this group) don't get beyond the dreaming phase. You were brave enough to go for it and I find that beyond awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteI think reaching for the stars for one bucket list dream is something everyone needs to do.
DeleteI don't know what Reggio is...but I like it. The other classroom scares me! And I'm a grown-up!
ReplyDelete