Happy 2012 everyone! I hope you survived New Year's Eve with minimal after effects. I wrote earlier about my New Years resolutions and it's probably a good thing that I started early, because the past week was a bust. With the week off I had high hopes of starting a new exercise plan so that come Tuesday (back to the grind) I would expect to do it when I woke up. I've been fighting chronic bronchitis for the past year (thank you Mom and your second hand smoke). It flared up again and I really haven't done much with my week off except relax...not necessarily a bad thing, but disappointing none the less.
Well, here it is January 1st, 2012, not much on the schedule for today. Had the family "traditional" New Years Day dinner. I'm not sure when that became a tradition, but mom says it is soooo.... I did convince her to let me grill the "traditional" cornish hens instead of baking them. For the record I do NOT like cornish hens. Grilled with cumin, garlic, and salt they weren't too bad though mom stressed how tough they turned out. Personally I think she needs to get her false teeth sharpened, dad and I thought they were just right.
I digress though I could go on about my mother until everyone stopped reading my blog. This morning I woke up and weighed myself first thing so that I can keep a count on my health progress from this day forward. I also weighed Shamus, my pug/mix rescue. Part of my NY resolutions is to for him to lose weight too. I'll post our progress. I bet he loses gobs of weight too...you know how "men" lose it faster than women do...soo unfair.
My 2012 New Year's Resolutions:
1) To build a healthier me.
2) To manage my time better so that I am able to do the activities I enjoy.
3) To better manage my finances so that I can afford to do the activities I enjoy.
And my resolution to my bloggers:
To add more photos to my blog! So to start the year off right:
Happy New Year everyone! Here's to building a better tomorrow!

Good luck with your resolutions - and I hope you're feeling 100% soon.
ReplyDelete