Sunday, January 8, 2012


Tag! Your it!

The Rules:
 1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

11 Things About Me
1. I too am a bibliophile.  My dream job is to own my own bookstore.

2. I collect vintage cookbooks. My oldest is from the early 1900's and talks about the dangers of using electricity in the kitchen.

3. I love waterfalls and running water in general.  Something about sitting on the banks refreshes my body and soul.

4. I love rain...probably goes back to #3.

5. When I can't sleep I go online and plan fantasy vacations that I'll have to win the lottery to be able to afford.

6. I am a chronic procrastinator.  I leave everything but Christmas shopping to the very last minute.

7. Someday I hope to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail.

8. I'm as un-Martha Stewart as someone can be.  No crafting talent whatsoever.

9. Narrow minded people annoy the crap out of me.  If they aren't hurting others why do you need to hate?

10. I'd like to travel the world and learn every language I encounter. 

11. I own more hiking boots than high heels.

Tagged Questions
1. If you were stuck on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, what would you take?
 Only three?
 -Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey
-A survival manual
-A compilation of Tolkien's works

2. Favorite place you've ever traveled. Why? Hmmm.  It would have to be the Smoky Mountains, and only because I've been so many times I know the area really well and can stay out of the the tourist hells of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge.  OH, and the area is covered in rushing streams and waterfalls.



3. What's the most embarrassing song on your iPod/in your music collection? New Kids on the Block's Hanging Tough Album.

4. Do you have any pets? If so, what? If not, do you want any? A pug/mix mutt rescue named Shamus.

5. Would you rather get your nails done or go rock climbing? I really want to say rock climbing, but the truth is I'm terrified of heights.

6. What's the craziest thing you've ever done? I'm boring as hell.

7. What are your favorite ice cream toppings? Home made hot fudge sauce.

8. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would play you? America Ferrera

9. What's your dream job? See #1 about me. Although if someone offered me a job as an X-wing pilot I'd jump at it.

10. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what and where? If not, would you and what would you get? No ink, but I'd like to get a Wild Violet (purple).

11. What's your favorite quote? JFK-“Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future”

Questions to answer
1. If you won the lottery, would you continue to work or would you retire? Why?
2. Do you play and instrument?  What is it?  If not, what would you like to play?
3. Does your zodiac sign describe your personality?
4. If TV/Movies were real life, what character would you want to be?
5. What is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?  Would you eat it again?
6. What is the first book you remember reading or being read to you?
7. What other names did your parents consider when naming you?  Would you have preferred one of them?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. What's the most embarrassing hairstyle you've ever had?
10. What does your dream house look like?
11. Can you eat with chopsticks?

I'm tagging:
Becka- http://anythingbutaveragegirl.blogspot.com/
Del- http://welshswan.wordpress.com/
Cez- http://thecrazyworldofcez.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. 1. If I win, I'm outta there! I work to live. I don't live to work!

    2. Yes. Flute and piccolo.

    3. I'm a pisces(two fish swimming in opposite directions). I definitely fit some of the characteristics (compassionate, devoted, imaginative, adaptable), however a large portion of my personality is the opposite of a typical pisces. I don't shy away from leadership, hard decisions, etc.

    4. I have no clue.

    5. Caviar. It was an odd texture, but I'd be willing to try it again - just to be sure my tastes haven't changed.

    6. I remember having lots of nursery rhymes and story books read to me as a child. I think the first book I remember reading on my own was one of the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary.

    7. If I was a boy, my name would have been Andrew. My parents considered Jennifer and Allison for me as well. I kind of wish they'd gone with Allison.

    8. Just one? Tortilla chips and salsa.

    9. I was a child of the 90's. I had the 'Great Wall of Bangs'. (I'd like to apologize now to the ozone layer for how much aerosol hairspray I used to use.)

    10. 3 bedroom/2 baths, reasonable kitchen - in the middle of a big piece of land in the Cascades.

    11. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. *shakes head in shame* I don't currently work, or play the lottery... but if I did both... if I won a lot and hated my job... I would leave for sure!! If I liked my job... I'd probably still work, but part time...

    2. I don't play anything, I played the trombone at school *blushes* But I want to learn to play the guitar and plan to get one this year!!

    3. I'm a Gemini... which is the 'dual' personality sign, we're chatty, creative, energetic and find it hard to make up our minds... so yeah... I think that describes me quite well!!

    4. As sad as it sounds I'd quite like to be a character in Harry Potter... probably Nymphadora Tonks :)

    5. Chicken Hearts in a Polish dish... and yes... it was surprisingly yummy!!

    6. The first book I remember reading by myself was probably Oliver Twist... I didn't fully understand it, but I remember crying a lot!!

    7. My mum always said if she had a girl she would have called them Kelly... after meeting a particularly nasty woman named Kelly she soon changed her mind!! I'm glad she did... I love my name because it's so original and unique!!

    8. I love Chocolate... but if I had to choose a savoury item I'd go with Minced Beef... it's so versatile and is the key ingredient to the majority of my favourite meals!!

    9. Ummm... a while ago I would have said when my hair was literally 2 inches long and I spiked it all over... but my hair is currently like this, I think I know how to deal with it better and make it look good now though!!

    10. 4 Bedrooms, a massive kitchen with a breakfast bar. I'd also like a swimming pool, and a games room, pool table etc. I'd then like about 2-3 acres of land, where I'd have dogs, horses and an assortment of ducks and geese on a huge pond... (Something similar to what I grew up in!!)

    11. No... I look slightly stupid if I attempt to as well... hilarious really :)

    ReplyDelete